Home
Biography
News
Op-Eds
Issues
Calendar
Photo Gallery
Contact
 
Today is Wednesday, October 01, 2014 

Latest News

NOTES FROM THE SENATE, SEPTEMBER 26, 2014
Making Progress in Juvenile Crime

On the back of a successful effort to revamp the state’s Criminal Justice system in 2012, the state took a similar approach in the 2013 legislative session to reform its Juvenile Justice system. With HB242 the state tried to improve the rate of juveniles who do not return to the system, and successfully reintegrate into society.  (More)
NOTES FROM THE SENATE, SEPTEMBER 22, 2014
SO, IS A SEPARATE EDUCATION BUDGET A GOOD THING?
In two previous columns, we have looked at the close-by example of a separate education budget, the state of Alabama’s two budget system. Some believe a separate education budget would insure that budget is protected from the ups and downs of the economy and the effects on revenues.  (More)
NOTES FROM THE SENATE, SEPTEMBER 15, 2014
August state revenues gained 3.5%, following July’s gain of 5.5%, resulting in a two month gain of 4.5%. August revenues totaled $1.39 billion with a gain of $47.0 million. Revenues needed to grow $43 million for the month to meet budget, so there’s about a 10% overage. Individual Income taxes were essentially flat, dropping one tenth of a percent to a 2.1% gain or only $14.4 million on total income tax revenues of $713.9 million. (More)

Featured Links





Georgia General Assembly

Senate Budget Office

State of Georgia

More Links...